Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever owned one, currently own one, know anything about them?

I am thinking about buying one in the near future, wondering what everyone thinks of them?

·
Registered
325 Posts
All I know is that's a beautiful looking bike in classic Kawasaki colours...

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea. I am very particular about my motorcycles.

I don't like modern sport bikes that much, unless i had one as an 'extra' just to play on, but it wouldn't be fun for commuting.

I don't want a modern Harley because I think they're tacky except i like some of the XR1200 sportsters but, honestly it's pricey for what it is.

I like the super sport versions of the late 70's bike, and this bike has that type of feel with the dual shocks and general design. Something about it talks to me, and, maybe it's because it makes 120hp as well...

·
Registered
785 Posts
The ZRX is also available in a more proper color of red.
Green stands for grief, especially on race day.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
I like the "superbike" look..... never had or heard specifics though....
Life is short....To quote "Capt' Jack"..."Take what you want, give nothing back!"

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Those bikes have a very loyal following and their pricetags usually reflect that. I was looking into getting one once upon a time, but the sticker shock got the best of me in the end.. I'd say if you like 3rd/4th gear wheelies at 110 then go for it...

They are sexy bikes..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
Those bikes have a very loyal following and their pricetags usually reflect that. I was looking into getting one once upon a time, but the sticker shock got the best of me in the end.. I'd say if you like 3rd/4th gear wheelies at 110 then go for it...

They are sexy bikes..

GB :mrgreen:
The cost of them seems to have come down.

Considering the 1100 or 1200 cc's, and 120-137hp.. They are selling for under 4k currently with 5-15k miles.

Finding one locally is a little harder. I would really like to ride on before bidding on one....

They just really seem to fit the bill of what I'm looking for currently, and as a more powerful bike they don't look super crotch rockety.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
I've ridden one quite few time and they are both comfortable and quick. As a modern sport bike they are a little heavy but as long as your not doing track days with the stock suspension they handle well.

I think the prices are pretty reasonable and you can find ones that were owned by middle age guys and were not abused. A popular modification is a pipe and some ZX11 cams and it really wakes up the bike up. In fact, with those cams and pipe it is very very fast.

Check out Rob Muzzy's web site and you'll see all sorts of good stuff.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MNellis said:
I've ridden one quite few time and they are both comfortable and quick. As a modern sport bike they are a little heavy but as long as your not doing track days with the stock suspension they handle well.

I think the prices are pretty reasonable and you can find ones that were owned by middle age guys and were not abused. A popular modification is a pipe and some ZX11 cams and it really wakes up the bike up. In fact, with those cams and pipe it is very very fast.

Check out Rob Muzzy's web site and you'll see all sorts of good stuff.
Thanks Mike,

The goal for me is a daily rider with some balls for the commute. Having a kid and my change in rolls at work has provided for less time avaible to work on my Honda projects, so they're becoming more 'long term' affairs. Need something to satisfy the itch.

Speaking of ZRX's and yourself, and Texas, you ever make it the Michigan way? I see a lot of these bikes coming out of those parts, I would hate to buy one sight unseen, and ship it to Michigan. Trying to find a reasonable way to get it northern. Riding it is about out of the question thanks to the snow and sleet and rain we got today. *sigh*.[flash=][/flash]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts