Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new front brake cable for my K1 CL350. This is the cable that has the wiring for the brake light. Is this unobtanium in new form? I haven't been able to locate any. I already have a new cable that will fit, but it doesn't have the brake light attachment.

If all else fails, I will use the new cable I have and figure out another way to wire the brake light. (Anyone have any ideas for that?)

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
A later R/H switch unit will have the brake-switch provision built in...........

·
Registered
589 Posts
I've been looking into this issue for my SL350 rebuild, but only after I'd found a NOS cable at Hondarestoration.com.

From the pictures I've seen, it seems the only difference between the very early cable mounts and the later ones is a hole drilled in the casting to accept an electrical switch. The mount castings themselves are pretty much the same, but again, the later ones have a hole where the early ones are blank. Have a look at this and compare it with yours:

If you go that way, you'll also want one of these:

The upside is that you can use your old cable (assuming you've got one) for the brake and just wire in the new switch. The downside is that you'll have to pull your right hand switchgear off the handlebars to swap/drill the mount.

Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts