Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm slowly working on getting my bike, a K1, back on the road after after an engine meltdown.
I've started to ultrasonically clean my 14H carbs.
1) I never noticed this before but though they are both stamped 14H the left body has the air throttle as on a CB500T cast in, though it's undrilled and untapped. Part of the screwdriver slot on the needle jet holder is broken off so I can't remove it to clean. Before I go to the expense of buying a left hand drill bit to try and remove it, is there any reason I shouldn't us it? I didn't have any issues that I know of when it was on the running bike.
2) I have a pair of CB500T carbs on a shelf somewhere; is there any advantage to using them? I've read that the air throttle doesn't really do anything, but I think these have an attachment for a vacuum gauge, which could be a plus. Also, could I swap the jets from the 14H into these, and are the air screws a different shape?
Thanks,
Adam

·
Sensei
27,171 Posts
Personally, I'd think the 500T carbs would be a disadvantage due to their added complexity.....

Yes, the idle mixture screws are different in both shape and sealing......

I have several spare pairs of 14H carbs If you find you need a replacement left carb or left carb body......540-525-5199

1 - 2 of 2 Posts