1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
not exactly the look I would have gone for but nice work all the same.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
^^^exactly my sentiments - though it would be tempting to go modern with the suspension, and he did do a nice job, it just seems so out of place and to an extent, somewhat blasphemous

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Well even though it's well built, the look doesn't really fit. The bike's stance looks a bit awkward and sorta goofy.
But that's just my personal opinion and you know what they say about opinions LOL

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Along with all the above, the price may not exceed what he spent doing it, but I don't see any where near that much value in it.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Yes - and though we all have one, even they are different... :lol: I agree about the stance, it does look awkward and weird

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Along with all the above, the price may not exceed what he spent doing it, but I don't see any where near that much value in it.
Yup, much like many of us do with our bikes, it will never bring back the cash dumped down that "black" hole

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hopefully the CB750 visible in the guy's garage won't fall victim.

Reactions: ancientdad

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I admire all the work and dedication it took to make it what it is, but alas, just not my style. I liked the look of it right after he drug it out of the barn (minus the snake skin of course). Like the everyone else so far, $7500 is a steep hill to climb on the price. I wonder if the owner is still active on this forum?

·
Banned
854 Posts
I'm no purist and it's his bike so he gets to do what he wants. That being said I just think he missed the mark, it just doesn't blend well. IMO twin shocks and keeping spoked wheels(or costars) would look dramatically better.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
he "got some flack from the VJMC about not doing a restore"... yeah, I'll bet. Interesting trophies though, the first one is kinda like the build - mismatched parts :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts