Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent a lot of time on the CB 450 DOHC site, will miss it's demise. Didn't interact any, just followed the threads and admired the machines.

About me;
My rider is a 1998 HD Road King with 105,000 miles and still running well- no major problems.

I have 3 CB 450's, a 1966 K1 SN CB450E1000652, a 1967 K1, and a 1972 K3.

The 1966 will run with a little coaxing, but needs restored due to a fire in my basement in 1984. I bought it new in October 1966 and worked on it enough that I have the engine number permanetly etched in my brain.

The 1967 also runs and is complete except for tank badges.

The 1972 will probably be used for parts swapping at some point.

I started riding on a Cushman Eagle, progressed to a 1963 Honda 150 Benley, to the 1966 450 and on and on thru Triumphs, Royal Enfields, BSA's BMW's, and various HD's.

I just love all motorcycles.

Kim

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Good to have you Kim. Saw where you said you'd gone through some bike and listed Royal Enfield and BSA among them. What ones did you have? My granddad had a motorcycle shop years ago and at one time had the franchises for both of those. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of those bike you have and hearing what you've got in mind for them.

Take care, Bill ;)

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Hi Kim, with number 652, isn't that a 65?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Ray.... US bikes had their own numbering sequences (different from the rest of the world) and the last three digits are simply sequencial, NOT year indicative..... (although I'll agree a very low number like "652" was PROBABLY Manufactured in 1965, and just not sold or registered/titled until '66.......) There is however, no positive way of knowing, as Honda used the K0 suffix for four years (instead of a specific year designation), and most places in the US consider the "first registration date" as the determinant of the "year" of the vehicle...... Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts