Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I've just joined the Honda twins forum today and I look forward to scouring the posts for advice and help with the restoration of my newly acquired 1977 CB200. This is the second CB200 that I've worked on, but the first, about 12 years ago, was converted into a classic racer for the Northern Ireland road racing circuits. Perhaps I'll also be able to contribute in some small way later, when I find my feet with the forum.
Being old and decrepit, I've had a few bikes over the years, the first was a 1958 Lambreta, shortly followed by a "proper" bike, a 197cc James Captain. I then progressed to the heavy stuff, a rare 500cc Jap engine powered AJW (Albert John Wheaton). My motorcycling took a long sabbatical when I found out how useful the back seats of cars were?. I also spent a few years abroad around this time, resuming riding for a short period on a rented Ariel Golden Arrow in Borneo.
My current bike is a CBF1000ABS, set up for touring.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. +1 on pictures.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Being old and decrepit, I've had a few bikes over the years, the first was a 1958 Lambreta, shortly followed by a "proper" bike, a 197cc James Captain. I then progressed to the heavy stuff, a rare 500cc Jap engine powered AJW (Albert John Wheaton). My motorcycling took a long sabbatical when I found out how useful the back seats of cars were��.
welcome... and you can't be any more old and decrepit than many of us here, though it was a great line! As was the reason for the long sabbatical... good stuff. Yes, pictures are a must for us - we want to see all of them, particularly the ones lesser known to us here in the US.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
He's got some pics of himself (not at all old or decrepit) and his CB200 (a beauty).

There's a few of us that have made it into the 70's, Jim (I'll be 73 next month, myself). So, you ARE in good company. Again, welcome.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
He's got some pics of himself (not at all old or decrepit) and his CB200 (a beauty).

There's a few of us that have made it into the 70's, Jim (I'll be 73 next month, myself). So, you ARE in good company. Again, welcome.
LOL, not too far behind you, Dan. I'm only3 months, from become 72 and yet, I am still able to get out work on things myself. ;)

Reactions: dtsmjr8dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Dan, I've uploaded three pics of the CB200 in "as is" state and I'll put up a couple of the 200 racer that I built when I find them.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
It sounds like you lot are also a load of old farts, so I'm in good company then.
yes you are... but when members here say "pics", they mean in the thread you're working on! :lol: Most don't know you've posted pictures if you just create an album (but at least you did post some pics) :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry about that, still trying to figure out the workings of this forum, just found out how to add attachments to posts. I've put a couple of pics of the 200 road racer in a new thread post, let's see if it works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts