Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my coils from Mikes' today, yes they are in stock now..... Putting them on my 1970 CB350 and was wondering if I can use my stock condenser that I bought 6 months ago? I read all the posts about fabbing up the metal plate to use with the new coils and have no worries with that, but has anybody had any problems with them fitting under a 1969 tank? Any other tips/upgrades I should do while replacing the coils...

Thanks,

Chad

·
Registered
785 Posts
I used the stock coil mount that I modified to fit Mike's coils with a die grinder and then drilled an extra hole in it to mount my condensors.
Here is the best I can do for you showing my coil mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
condensers are all pretty much the same, as long as they are for a 12v system (likely) and in good shape. I had xs650 condensers on my 450, but im quite sure the stockers would have performed fine. all they do is mitigate arcing of the points leading to premature wear.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Oldyota said:
Any other tips/upgrades I should do while replacing the coils...
It would be a good idea to put a new condensor pack in, at least you wont need to worry about that later if your troubleshooting (whats another $8). I highly reccomend putting in new copper core leads and 0-ohm caps, just to give the old girl every chance of proper ignition. I went as far as to replace my advance springs to ensure correct advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts