Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Bomber a bit ago for a steal, looks to be complete and original with the exception of the exhaust thought the bike came with one original. My plans are unclear, but I'm thinking I may just get it running and ride it as it looks; rough and rugged. I'm wondering what the deal is with engine numbers, and how far they typically stray from frame numbers, also, what is considered to be an exceptionally low production number? My engine # is 1005001, and the frame is 1007###. Does it seem like these may not be original to each other?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Way cool find. I understand the desire to ride it rough, over here in California the all year riding season means I can never bring myself to let the bike lay fallow for long. Good luck with getting her on the road.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Nice RD !!!

And the Bomber looks to be perfect for a complete resto. Hope you find time to resto her to original condition, or you find someone who wants too.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Engine/frame numbers almost never match, at least on US models, so it's not an issue.
Your numbers do seem fairly low, but I don't know any definitive way of pinning it down to a specific year.
Is there a title??

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
I'd be happy to donate a points cover if you don't have one......
You'll just need to cover the postage... (I'm broke, LOL)..... :lol: :D :D Steve

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Good luck with your renovation.These things get addictive once you start I'm now on number 7 rebuild!!! If your'e doing it yourself to a reasonable standard you can expect to spend about £1000 min.However a bomber sold at Stafford show this year here in the UK for £9600 plus 15% buyers premium I was gobsmacked nothing special but in my view definitly a rideable & collectable bike for the future. Regards Chris.
P.S. Fit the K1 pipes from Silvers about £350

1 - 6 of 6 Posts