Honda Twins banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Lee, how's the 360 coming along, I have just finished the seat and the rest is %98 finished. Looks like that beer you are buying will be in my fridge sooner that you expected.

Ok for those who aren't familiar with my build. This seat started out as a very sad Bates cafe seat, too narrow and to long for the CB450. I cut it down the centre and widened it to fit the 450 frame, spent hours repairing the damaged glass, fetched in the tail light and put two coats of black GelCoat over the entire seat.
Finally sent it to a local upholster who just does motorcycle seats. I had him cover the seat in leather, pleated the same as the original Bates seat and with orange piping.
For fun i have fitted a repo Giuliari seat badge to the back :lol: that will confuse the "experts" :lol: Total cost around $300 Aus :D

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Smart arse :lol: FYI I've got a whole bunch of parts in the mail to finish up the old girl....so umm... :!:

Looks like ya didnt end up sinking the tail light further into the seat? Or maybe just a little...I cant quite remember how far it protruded before...lookin good tho :D

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Whoa, nice seat! That is stunning. Heck I'd buy you a beer for making that if I was down-under.

I can't wait to see this bike together. I've only seen random parts and they all look topnotch. Bike should be amazing.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
leethal said:
Smart arse :lol: FYI I've got a whole bunch of parts in the mail to finish up the old girl....so umm... :!:

Looks like ya didnt end up sinking the tail light further into the seat? Or maybe just a little...I cant quite remember how far it protruded before...lookin good tho :D

Parts in the mail, yeah I've used that one before. The Laverda Concourse is on in a few weeks under the story bridge. Will you be finished by then ;) That's my aim, to have the bike there, finished :D As for the taillight i didn't sink it any further as it ended up looking ok....

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
That's one of the sharpest looking seats I've ever seen! Very nice work Rod..

GB :mrgreen:
Well, thank you! :D I think you need more work on that scoot of your's and less net time, buddy ;). You have had enough time to gather your parts and work out a plan of attack, so get started and then we can say, nice work on your seat GB!

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Znabb said:
Thats a real beaut of a seat!
Thanks Ronny, are you planing any big trips on the 450, Le Mans south of France maybe?? Come on now it's almost summer (well spring) and the road are drying out....

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HerrDeacon said:
Whoa, nice seat! That is stunning. Heck I'd buy you a beer for making that if I was down-under.

I can't wait to see this bike together. I've only seen random parts and they all look topnotch. Bike should be amazing.
Just for you mate :D Has not been cleaned since i started. The rear sets are at the platers and will be back next week, so fit them up and oil the engine and she's done :D

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
otr002 said:
Parts in the mail, yeah I've used that one before. The Laverda Concourse is on in a few weeks under the story bridge. Will you be finished by then That's my aim, to have the bike there, finished As for the taillight i didn't sink it any further as it ended up looking ok....

I'll be there early since its only a couple blocks from my house, screw you I'll push mine there :twisted: Its a Sunday right?

Who did the seat? Was it Leigh Bros? I had them do my RD400 seat.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
otr002 said:
Znabb said:
Thats a real beaut of a seat!
Thanks Ronny, are you planing any big trips on the 450, Le Mans south of France maybe?? Come on now it's almost summer (well spring) and the road are drying out....
I am going on a 600 mile ride to Norway next weekend and the weekend after that a 850 mile ride to Edersee in Germany. Have to put some mileage on the old girl. :D

EDIT:
Wow Rod! Your bike is really stunningly beautiful! Please share some more pictures when you get it outside.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
leethal said:
otr002 said:
Parts in the mail, yeah I've used that one before. The Laverda Concourse is on in a few weeks under the story bridge. Will you be finished by then That's my aim, to have the bike there, finished As for the taillight i didn't sink it any further as it ended up looking ok....

I'll be there early since its only a couple blocks from my house, screw you I'll push mine there :twisted: Its a Sunday right?

Who did the seat? Was it Leigh Bros? I had them do my RD400 seat.
John Moorhouse Down at Cleveland, he's a bit of an old school bloke, works out of an old shed that looks like a storm has hit it. But he does great work and very good rates! You push that 20ton 360 down to the bridge, mate :shock:

Sunday 18th July, 2010 - 8.00am til 3.00pm But you can push you scoot down on Saturday if you like :D

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a good friend that is a Professional Photographer, he has promised to do a photo shoot in his studio for me for $0 :D I'll leave the final photos to him i think ;) The count down has begun! 29 days to go :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
If I had a job then I wouldn't be afraid to start spending the money on my engine build Rod. I just have to hold off for now..

Yours is looking STELLAR though!

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Amazing seat :shock: :shock:
CHEERS

·
Registered
104 Posts
Very sharp! Very impressive! Very jealous! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Fantastic looking seat for a fantastic looking bike. Major Envy going on right now. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts