Honda Twins banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictures tell the story, I wanted the exhausts to be as close to the frame as posable so i scollop the mufflers around shocks and curved the pipe into the frame where my legs will go. This way the bike will be as narrow as posable and i can still use the original kick-starter.

As i'll be doing my own tuning and have fitted O2 bungs for wide band O2 sensors (just visible in the second last photo), this will make tuning through the whole rev range a lot easier, the tuning board will have an O2 gauge, exhaust temp (pyrometer) and a vacuum reader for each cylinder and an electronic tachometer and small (lawn mower) fuel tank. ;)
Still need to do a lot of filling and polishing before coating :cry: :cry:

Rod from OZ :cool:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
SWEET fab work man... I'll be interested in your exact jetting on those Mikuni's when it's all said and done. Plus details like elevation, etc...

I WANT, no NEED that flywheel/dyno cover!!

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
SWEET fab work man... I'll be interested in your exact jetting on those Mikuni's when it's all said and done. Plus details like elevation, etc...

EBay man put it in as a favorite search, and it will happen ;)

Rod From OZ :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Great to see she's finally rolling mate :D

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
leethal said:
Great to see she's finally rolling mate :D
So close and yet so far :roll:

just some lathe work and then paint the tank and and and well lots of small things

Rod

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Bird76Mojo said:
You can have the dyno cover GB, I want the center stand spring. Looks like a rare custom one. :D

Seriously, that is amazing work on the exhaust. I am very jealous. I'm saving up for a welder now, so maybe I can attempt something like that for the 350. What's the radius bend on the initial turn out of the head?

That is shaping up to be an unbelievable bike.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HerrDeacon said:
Bird76Mojo said:
You can have the dyno cover GB, I want the center stand spring. Looks like a rare custom one. :D

Seriously, that is amazing work on the exhaust. I am very jealous. I'm saving up for a welder now, so maybe I can attempt something like that for the 350. What's the radius bend on the initial turn out of the head?

That is shaping up to be an unbelievable bike.
Mate in the sprite of good will and all that, you can have he spring if it gets you going :lol: The pipes 1 1/2" and a 3" internal radius. I had my local exhaust shop, mandrel bend up three "U" shape pipes (one for mockup or [email protected]#Kup) and went from there. the only rule i use for fabrication is take your time ;)

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All done, exhaust shield fitted and now off getting some chrome :D

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
WOW Rod, those turned out EXCELLENT!! I like what you ended up doing with the shields too.. After getting chromed those are gonna be sweet!

You should start producing them... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how do you delete you posts?

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HerrDeacon said:
Nice work Rod. I just wish you'd have more updates, can't wait to see how this bike looks when done.
Just for Herr Deacon, the gear change rear set. All these parts will be polished and bright zinc plated to give that that satin chrome look.

All these parts are in there raw state and need to be filed and finished

The rear seat mount and the earthing points for the battery and rear lights, once again to be removed and polished and painted, the third screw is for the tail light.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Oooh - those pipes look pretty! I look forward to seeing the chromed final result. They remind me of the exhaust on my college-days '67 BSA Hornet. They were a little curvier (tucked in a trifle more, I think, and radius'd a little lower in front of the motor then curved up over the cases) but went the same place - those pipes didn't have the problem of mufflers or heat shields - didn't have any. And the legislature had just passed a law that a bike had to have "stock exhaust or quieter." since it was produced as a racing bike, not a street bike - the open pipes were the stock exhaust. I'd like to have more lean angle available on my 500T, but not enough - yet - to do anything about it. mufflers aren't the first problem to solve - the side stand pivot hits, and the under-frame brake pedal arm is a nuisance. I ride another bike that can be laid over a lot harder and, if I've been on that one for a while, the transition back to what I can't do with the Honda can be a little scary. I have to get back to the technique I used many years ago when I had a 50s BMW - throw yourself down under the tank and pull the bike down after you. That had rigid footpegs and was pretty limited as to the useful lean angle on turns. It got dropped a lot. I rode it too enthusiastically.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts