Honda Twins banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Honda CM250T-B
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've just registered on the forum..so hi to everyone!

I need some help please.

I've just bought a Honda CM250 and thats all the information that I can get from the V5 and MOT certificate! Does anyone know which model this is? I think its a Honda CM250T-B, I've attached some pictures.

I bought a Haynes manual which I got from Amazon and its says:

Honda CD/CM185, 200 and CM250C Twins 1977-85 Owner's Workshop Manual (Motorcycle Manuals) Paperback – 1 Sep 1988

But on the back it then states: NOTE this manual does not cover the CM250T-B Custom available in the UK from 1982 to 1984

So the question is what model is this CM and which Haynes manual should I be using?

Thanks Honda CM250T_1.JPG Honda CM250T_2.JPG Honda CM250T_3.jpeg

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Appears to be an SOHC 250, smaller sibling to the SOHC 400/450 sold in the states from 78 to 86. Here's a site that might be helpful but it mostly covers US models:

Honda Gallery

Better that you not use a Clymers at all, get a factory service manual if at all possible. You have some neighbors who hang out here, I'm sure they'll be along with more help.

Welcome to the group. Whatever it is it looks really nice!:D

PS moved your thread to the SOHC section.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts

·
Registered
Honda CM250T-B
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

I don't pick the bike up until tomorrow, I just called the bike shop and asked for the VIN number which is MC052000100 the Type is MC05

Just googled that and i got a hit and comes up as a Honda CM 250 TB Custom (MC05) 1982 (0250 CC) .

The burning question is which Haynes do I use as the one I bought says:NOTE this manual does not cover the CM250T-B Custom available in the UK from 1982 to 1984? ???

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Sorry, I guess I typed "Clymer" out of habit. In my experience the Haynes manuals aren't any better. The factory service manual for your specific bike may be difficult to come up with. The manual for the SOHC400/450 could be useful at least for general information like wiring and routine maintenance.

PM sent.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Definitely looks like a Twinstar CM250 , as to exactly what variant, t, tb, I wouldn't know.

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
The pictured 250 is the smaller sister of the CM400..... not the sister of the CM200 twinstar and/or the smaller Rebels....
The Correct Honda FSM is what you want...... The CM400 one will do in a pinch as most is the same/similar (except for engine bore etc....)

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Sorry, for some reason I had 200 in my brain.

·
Registered
Honda CM250T-B
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your replies ;-)

I've managed to find a specific service manual for the CM250 Custom, I shared it via my google drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-7Kgp34hrEfeFFYaFU4dUMzZW8/view?usp=sharing
What's interesting is that in brackets on the front of the manual is show that its also the correct manual for CM250T

So the its still not clear to me which bike does the CM250T actually follow!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honda CM250TB

This is a bit of a special bike and is rare in the UK.
Manuals are a problem for this bike. The engine, transmission, brakes and wheels are all from a Honda CB250N Super dream as the engine is a 249cc not the smaller cc in the 250C. Yours should have twiin Makuni CV carburettors and the 250C has a single carburettor. The front brake is a left hand disc with a Nippon made calliper which are very hard to find so never throw it away.
The clutch cable is different and the whole engine and transmission is different. If you look at your bike you will see it has the longer silencers which are the same as the super dream 250N.
You will be better finding the Honda CB250N super dream manual from 1979 to 1981. I know these bikes inside out. Yours will have a Rev Counter and a display for warning lights between the Rev counter and the Speedometer.
Never throw the master cylinder away as you will never find a genuine replacement but the repair kits are available.
The Honda CM250TB is a very reliable bike and is quicker and accelerates faster than the CM250C because it has the twin carb arrangement,
Never throw the carburettors away as they are also very rare with a 17 cm between the 34mm inlets to the engine ports. you can buy all the overhaul kits and you will find there are no accelerator pumps on them which is a good thing. The rear mudguard is a corrosion issue but the Honda Rebel has the same mudguard and the Rebel front mudguard can be made to fit and are a quarter of the price of the copies made by various company`s
Parts are hard to find but the super dream parts fit in most cases even the alloy wheels.
You need to keep this one running as it is a very desirable rare model in the UK. There are still a few in the USA though but most have been bobbed.

Enjoy the bike as yours looks pretty good and has a few years in it.

Best Regards

Noel

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honda CM250TB

This is a bit of a special bike and is rare in the UK.
Manuals are a problem for this bike. The engine, transmission, brakes and wheels are all from a Honda CB250N Super dream as the engine is a 249cc not the smaller cc in the 250C. Yours should have twiin Makuni CV carburettors and the 250C has a single carburettor. The front brake is a left hand disc with a Nippon made calliper which are very hard to find so never throw it away.
The clutch cable is different and the whole engine and transmission is different. If you look at your bike you will see it has the longer silencers which are the same as the super dream 250N.
You will be better finding the Honda CB250N super dream manual from 1979 to 1981. I know these bikes inside out. Yours will have a Rev Counter and a display for warning lights between the Rev counter and the Speedometer.
Never throw the master cylinder away as you will never find a genuine replacement but the repair kits are available.
The Honda CM250TB is a very reliable bike and is quicker and accelerates faster than the CM250C because it has the twin carb arrangement,
Never throw the carburettors away as they are also very rare with a 17 cm between the 34mm inlets to the engine ports. you can buy all the overhaul kits and you will find there are no accelerator pumps on them which is a good thing. The rear mudguard is a corrosion issue but the Honda Rebel has the same mudguard and the Rebel front mudguard can be made to fit and are a quarter of the price of the copies made by various company`s
Parts are hard to find but the super dream parts fit in most cases even the alloy wheels.
You need to keep this one running as it is a very desirable rare model in the UK. There are still a few in the USA though but most have been bobbed.

Enjoy the bike as yours looks pretty good and has a few years in it.

Best Regards

Noel
Hi, I have just joined and just read your writer up on the Honda Cm250TB, and have been working on it for the past year, I have the bike about 90 % original I believe, i was unable to find original parts like front and back Mudguards and speedo. Which I manage to get the Mudguards, the speedo i found impossible to find but I am still looking, found a new old stock one from the sevenths, for the time been I must admit in till I read your posting I did not realise it was rare bike. My questions if you are able to help, have you any idea where I may get the speedo from. And what would be a realistic price on it.
Many thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts