Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is where to start. I am returning to Honda twins after a looooong absence. The first bike I owned was a 1972 SL 350K2 which I bought new. Shortly thereafter I learned that it wasn't really a dirt bike and aquired a Bultaco for that duty. I then got the "bright idea" to turn the SL into more of a "cafe" bike by lacing the 19" Akront from the Pursang onto the front and changing to dropped bars. After all that I traded it away towards a TM 125. Moving ahead 35 years I had been looking to get another SL, perhaps in my "maturity" I can now appreciate it for what it was designed to do. To that end I just completed an 1800 mile drive, returning with an almost complete (aftermarket mufflers) 1972 SL 350 K2 in the back of my truck. It's even the same pretty blue that my original was! I have ridden it around the yard some and added SeaFoam to the tank. It leaks gas from the overflow on the right carb so I need to find some carb kits and clean things up, after that?

Bruce

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Welcome aboard Bruce! Glad to have ya.. :D

I've got an almost complete SL350 that I've been looking to sell as a whole parts bike. No title, no exhaust, no front fender, partial rear fender, etc.. I got it with a load of other parts bikes from an old timer that used to race flat track.. I don't know your location to see if it's something that would catch your interest or not, but just thought I'd mention it... ;)

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting thing, when I bought this bike I was told by the PO that he had gone to IL to get it back in 2003. I was surprised at how complete this bike is, certainly not a museum piece but pretty remarkable for it's age and for having been ridden 12,000 miles. Trying to decide whether to haul it down to Florida and tinker with it while I try and outrun winter or just let it sit for a couple of months. Probably best if I leave it here in the garage and start fresh when I get back, no matter what I take with me for tools there will be something I need and something that I mess up trying to get by without it. Perhaps by next year it can go south.

Bruce

1 - 4 of 4 Posts