Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had this one for about a month (and I sure haven't crash-tested it, knock on wood), but in a month the temperature has dropped significantly to the point where it's almost freezing every morning and with a T-shirt, long sleeve shirt + sweater (plus the liner of course) I'm comfortable for the entire duration of my 20+ minutes commute (but I can feel towards the end that if it was going to be longer then I'd need something warmer, or at least wear something warmer underneath, especially after the parts where I can go faster than 55 mph). It's very comfortable, the back protection is only foam I think so I need to upgrade that at some point, but for now (hopefully) that's enough.

Zippers are a little annoying, they tend to catch the fabric around so that bugs me a little, but nothing major (and with the helmet on sometimes you confuse the main zipper for the front vents zippers, it's kind of hard to see). Not a ton of internal pockets, just one, but that's enough for me, I hope the velcro doesn't disintegrate over time. It's got lots of vents so I'm hoping it'll be OK for the Maryland Summers as well (without the liner :-D). Sleeve adjustments are very easy with zippers, velcro and some snap buttons, makes it easy to take off but it feels tight when it's adjusted properly.

For ~$150, I feel like it's pretty god value for a first motorcycle jacket, doesn't break the bank but allows you to ride comfortably and securely (at least you feel secure wearing it), so far I'm very happy with it... I picked the hi-viz one and it's plently loud to get noticed...

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I had one for 3 summers about ten years ago, good jacket. I found it flows as much air as a t-shirt but stays in place at all speeds. I highly recommend it, I think I paid the same for mine.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
I bought one this summer and love it!
Will do a review when I get a chance

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't had a chance to try it when it's hot, do the vents work well? Seems like they would...

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
The vents work well but not as well as a mesh jacket. A vented jacket is more my style these days. I like being warm and I don't mind being hot on a hot day. These days I've got a vented, armored, leather jacket that I can enjoy on my coldest and hottest days. If your budget permits I recommend exploring any gear that piques your interest.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These days I've got a vented, armored, leather jacket that I can enjoy on my coldest and hottest days. If your budget permits I recommend exploring any gear that piques your interest.
What model is it? Do you feel like it offers more protection? I'm hoping that the Atomic jacket will work for all situations because I don't want to have two but when it comes time to replace it I wouldn't be against going leather...

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts