Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried to get a pair of mikunis (32) from sudco but they are out until June/July. I found one place that has a left and right in stock but they don't have the baseline jetting numbers for my bike. I googles and only pulled up a racing 450. I would call Sudco but feel kinda crappy since I'm not ordering them through them. Any ideas.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry they are vm32"s on a fresh but stock 1970 cb450. Running some sort of straight pipe concoction with backpressure added until I can fix up the stockers.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I am going to run the stock carbs with a straight pipe for now. My right side exhaust is damaged so for now until I can get a new one and carbs. So for now I am going to run the stockers and straights. Anyone run that set up and if so what kind of jetting? Keep in mind I am at sea level with a fresh engine. Thanks.

·
Registered
363 Posts
With a pretty much straight through Glass pack 2 into 1 header and k&n filter pods I have 145 mains and 38 idle jets on stock carbs and stock engine, (Not Fresh) 500 odd feet above sea level. fueling seems pretty good, plugs read light brown, def runs a little rich, had to back the idle air screws out to nearly 3 turns.

·
Registered
363 Posts
you are probably correct, but oddly the only idle jets I can seem to find are 38's the selection in main jets is much better. the bike does only seem to like to start when you crack the throttle a bit when kicking, even when warm. after that it runs fine.

It starts about 4th kick when dead cold, choke and some throttle. No choke and some throttle and its first kick when warm.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
The search function here will show that you can get Mikuni VM pilot jets as others have different sizes in theirs. Google is your friend when looking for jets. I suspect that you could give Sudco a call and they'll hook you up right...

Popping on decel is a sign of the pilot circuit needing attention..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried getting info from sudco and they straight shut me down. I had found a set of new carb but the co didn't know what size jets I needed. So I called sudco and they refused to tell me.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I'm not saying to call Sudco for jetting advice. They won't give that out. I know this from prior experience, and frankly their jetting specs are way off anyway. I was saying to call Sudco to order your jets. Ask for VM32 or VM34 pilot jets and they'll hook you up with whatever size you need..

GB :mrgreen:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts