Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of want to get this one going. Might even do a bit of energizing, while I'm at it. :cool:

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Bill, ....I'll also add Bre to my prayer list..... Steve

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice! I used to have an R5 in purple and cream. I still kick myself for selling it.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
66Sprint said:
Bill, ....I'll also add Bre to my prayer list..... Steve

Thanks for that Steve! :cool: That poor family has been through quite a bit. If there are some here who aren't aware and want to know more about Bre and her situation, say the word and I'll start a thread that will tell the facts.
Thanks again Steve, I know that Jay and his wife will appreciate it. ;)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mack said:
Nice! I used to have an R5 in purple and cream. I still kick myself for selling it.
Thanks mack, I can well imagine that you could kick your self, I have experienced that feeling myself. I'll be telling my ideas on what I want to do with this one, later.

Take care, Bill ;)

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Bill -

Here's something to shoot for if you decide to mod it.
Not mine, sadly (I wish).
These things used to make me sweat bullets, back in The Day on my 450's.
Insanely quick (albeit somewhat "peaky", like a lot of ring-dingers), great handling, I tried to avoid them as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tbpmusic said:
Bill -

Here's something to shoot for if you decide to mod it.
Not mine, sadly (I wish).
These things used to make me sweat bullets, back in The Day on my 450's.
Insanely quick (albeit somewhat "peaky", like a lot of ring-dingers), great handling, I tried to avoid them as much as possible.

Pretty cool ride, Bill. :cool: Now, if I go doing any changing up on the look, don't think I'll be using much of a fairing though (at most, probably a mini fairing). Not sure exactly what I'm going to do with that one. I DO have that RZ "rolling frame, that I've considered mixing with the RD (one way or another).
This

Plus This

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, and keep in mind that I'm not going to to anything to the RD, that will keep me (or anyone else) from putting it back stock. My intention is to see just what I can do to put something together that will be unique in it's own way. If it seems to work out okay, then, I'll be looking for the parts needed to put in (or on) either the RZ or Getting RD parts (or parts bike) to put the RZ components on. You see, I'm wanting to either put the RD engine in the RZ frame or put the RZ forks, swingarm, suspension parts, brake parts and wheels on an RD350. Either way, I hope to end up with a bike with an RD350 (or 400) engine and RZ suspension, brakes and wheels. I've had several different comments about trying to put the RD engine into the RZ frame.

Sure, it'll drop it right in.. No, it won't just drop in, you'll have to shoehorn it in.. Well, it Will go in there, but you'll have to make some mounting plates for it.. Sell it and build the RD... Find an RZ engine and build it back... Find a Banshee engine and go from there.... Now, if I had the resources, I'd try to drop a Kawa (500 or 750) Triple in their, but that ain't gonna happen. Might be able to drop a Super Hawk engine in there, but it wouldn't do the rest of the bike, justice. At least the RD350 (or 400) with some port cleaning up, some expansion chambers and some jetting, should pep it up some more and with the 6sp trans, it should scoot on down the road.

My financial situation will not, in any way, let me even think about looking for an RZ or a Banshee engine! Some people don't get the fact that SOME of is try to build out of what we have.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Or you could just sell her to me, and forget all of that hotty totty engine swap talk... :lol:

Seriously! I'd fix her and leave her stock though.

I've had my eye on that bike from the first time you posted a picture of it...

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
Or you could just sell her to me, and forget all of that hotty totty engine swap talk... :lol:

Seriously! I'd fix her and leave her stock though.

I've had my eye on that bike from the first time you posted a picture of it...

GB :mrgreen:

I'll keep you in mind GB, should I decide to sell. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.