Honda Twins banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this (if it's not, sorry) or if everybody has already seen it, but ran across this in a magazine at the barber shop and had to look it up. I thought it was pretty dog gone cool. This V12 motorcycle is made from 2 1980 Honda inline 6-cyl. CBX motors.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
What can one say other than wow! Those Webers across the front must sound amazing.

·
Registered
608 Posts
someone has way to much time and $$$$$$$$ :lol: with all the pipes and tubing running on that thing I'd name it "Plumbers Nightmare" seems to smoke a bit too

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
5280 CB500T said:
Super cool bike, but not the safest riding I've ever seen.
+1

Whoever was taping it from behind is a very poor rider, not once did he check left or right for traffic, and whats with passing that car on the right as it was seemingly about to pull into a driveway?

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I recon the guy behind was carrying the spare fuel :lol:
Was it my imagination or was it smoking a little, not being picky as now way could I even think of making somthing like that,

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
Its prolly smoking because of the angle they have the bottom cylinders laying. Gravity does work and when sitting I bet the oil just pools in them.

Side note, the same thing happens with radial airplane engines and before they start them they had to turn them over carefully to PUSH the oil back up in the crank case and to clear out the bottom combustion chambers or else they would blow the heads clean off.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Don't get me wrong.....it's cool and I'd love to get my hands on it, and yes I understand the reality of "Too Each His Own" but, I don't see any technical innovation or any real world need or use. It's a cool exercise but thats about all so, somehow, I see this sort of thing as just another waste of a low production volume classic bike.

·
Registered
51 Posts
RicH2 said:
Don't get me wrong.....it's cool and I'd love to get my hands on it, and yes I understand the reality of "Too Each His Own" but, I don't see any technical innovation or any real world need or use. It's a cool exercise but thats about all so, somehow, I see this sort of thing as just another waste of a low production volume classic bike.
I must admit my first thought was "I can believe he cut up TWO CBX motors?!?!?!" Big stupid fun is right!

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
frogman79 said:
Its prolly smoking because of the angle they have the bottom cylinders laying. Gravity does work and when sitting I bet the oil just pools in them.

Side note, the same thing happens with radial airplane engines and before they start them they had to turn them over carefully to PUSH the oil back up in the crank case and to clear out the bottom combustion chambers or else they would blow the heads clean off.
Good point I never even thought of that thanks.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I have seen this one before. It is definitely smoking when the throttle is opened up which might mean too much fuel to burn at the cylinders but it also keeps smoking for a while which may mean oil. With something like that who knows what is going on inside that engine?
Wish I had the talent to build it but I think I would build something else. :roll:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts