Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I dont live in the UK but seems a lot of money for a odd ball bike with a smokey engine and no title. Looks good though.

Bill

·
Registered
725 Posts
I dont live in the UK but seems a lot of money for a odd ball bike with a smokey engine and no title. Looks good though.

Bill
I don't get the feeling that there is any problem with license or ownership and the engine wouldn't scare me. I don't know anything about BSA parts, could you buy all those components in that nice condition for $3000? $3500 you could have a fun and unusual piece for motorized events. Most viewers would never know it's a Honda motor.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It's certainly a more reliable and better performing engine then the original BSA one.

And the BSA parts alone would cost much more than the asking price.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Interesting find, Don - and it might just run close to what the original engine's performance was considering a quick search of specs says the 650 engine had 35 hp at 4500 rpm

·
Registered
703 Posts
3000 USD for a Bitsa - and the replacement engine he has stuck in it needs a rebuild ??

I've a 'project' or two in the back yard I'd let go for half of that money. You might need to bring a trailer, and a shovel though.. :)

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
The BSA half of this bike looks to be in pretty good shape. I'm thinking a return to original would be the best thing for this. I really doubt is was very difficult fitting fitting the Honda engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts