Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 78 CB400A, I'm looking for the ignition side/pulsar of the stator if it can be separated from the stator great if not I'll still take it.

If you can please test it for me, here are the steps to test the stator.

Using a multimeter check for continuity on all three yellow wires, also make sure that none of the yellow wires are grounded.

If it is continuous and not grounded the stator is good.​

Measure the resistance of the Pink and Green wires. The Pink and Green wires to measure will be the harness coming from the left side engine cover.

The resistance should be about 135 Ohms.​

Measure the resistance between the White and Blue wires. These wires to measure will be the harness coming from the left side engine cover.

The resistance should be about 85 Ohms.​

Measure the resistance between the Brown and Light blue (I have orange for some reason) wires. These wires to measure will be the harness coming from the left side engine cover.

The resistance should be about 207 Ohms.​

You don't have to do these tests, but It'd sure be cool if you did

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Knauff 13 was parting out a 400a you might PM him and see if he has what you need. You might check the parts for sale section there were several 400as being parted out.

Bill

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Bill. I'll send him/her a message.

I found that I could even use a cb400tI or cb400tII stator assembly as long as I swap out the CDI box. I'm interested in that option also.

Darrian

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
There is a sticky in the honda 400 section that will give you more options. If you go with the 400t option it will work but you lose the change switch, the side stand switch and the idle advance.but as I said it will work . You can send your stator to Custom Rewind and they will replace everything for about $260.00 plus shipping. I had one done about four years ago and it still works great just be sure your voltage regulator works as mine puts out about 14.6 volts. If you convert to the 400t option you will have close to that in it.

Just some thoughts.

Bill

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
There is a sticky in the honda 400 section that will give you more options. If you go with the 400t option it will work but you lose the change switch, the side stand switch and the idle advance.but as I said it will work . You can send your stator to Custom Rewind and they will replace everything for about $260.00 plus shipping. I had one done about four years ago and it still works great just be sure your voltage regulator works as mine puts out about 14.6 volts. If you convert to the 400t option you will have close to that in it.

Just some thoughts.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts