Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
https://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1973-honda-cb350/6644557912.html

I saw it a little too late, seller says he might have a sale, but I'm wondering about maybe offering a little more? It seems to be worth more to me... no?

Possibly... Kinda depends on your area.

The worth of a bike is only as much as you're willing to pay for it IMO.
But if you really want it, try offering a little more to see if he will sell it to you. Or just show up with a wad of cash in hand. I find that most have a hard time turning down cold hard cash.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone knows what could possibly cause the VIN # on the title to not match the bike's? :confused:

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
The seller is using a title for a different bike than the one he is selling. That title is worthless if the VIN doesn't match up.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Something to watch out for during the sale (if it comes to that) I guess...

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Does it match the Engine #.
The Engine & Frame will have slightly different numbers as the factory did not martch them in production.

Some states title by Frame some By Engine.

If it doesn't match either one the value just went to PARTS BIKE. $50.00

But you can always apply for a lost/stolen title.
Every State has a process for filing documents that CAN result in them issuing a tile provide it doesn't come up stolen.
Lots of people die and their heirs cannot locate title for cars and Bike etc.
So they have a process to prove you camome about the vehicle legitamatly and that no one has a claim to it.
I did just that with a Parts Bike in NJ.
A VERY cumbersome process but the end result is a bullet proof title.

Reactions: Olivier

·
Banned
854 Posts
Title that doesn't match the frame means the bike has no title, bikes without titles are parts bikes IMO and parts bikes are worth $100 max.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seller said he was going to the MVA today. Hopefully he's sorted it out. The bike looked pretty good...

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I just finished a 3 year build on a CA160. The owner is a good buddy and wanted to pay for parts as he could find the money and I didnt mind helping out. He had not put the title in his name and the owner had passed on. He had to get the widow to bring in the death notice to the DMV and swear as to the signature. My buddy fell last week and is in a walking cast. The DMV had a great time with a 65 year old man in a walking cast pushing a 95 year old women in a wheel chair so she could sell him her motorcycle.

Bill

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
...The DMV had a great time with a 65 year old man in a walking cast pushing a 95 year old women in a wheel chair so she could sell him her motorcycle.
Bill
That's awesome... and there's no legal age limit that I know of, so while it might have looked unusual, there was nothing they could do about it but proceed with the request!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts