Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: ‘74 CB360
I think I know the cam needs to be turned such that the lobes clear through the notches cut on the gear opening, since that’s what I did to remove it for a ring replacement. But no matter how I fiddle with it now to install - no go…The slippers are out and the chain adjuster is backed off to the max. There just doesn’t seem to be sufficient chain slack for the lobes to clear. I’ve searched YouTube and this forum - nothing found.
Any tip suggestions?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are 3 pics of my progress getting the cam to mate with the drive gear. Prior to this step, I have located the gear in the chain such that the gear indicator lines are horizontal at the LT mark. So I have made sure the gear has consistently fully meshed with chain. Help.
Crankset Automotive tire Gear Motor vehicle Wheel

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Gear Rim

White Light Gear Automotive tire Black

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mystery solved! Through trial and error, I found that if the cam was fed through first the drive gear then the drive chain separately, there is sufficient space to mesh and mount it all. My problem was that I was trying to feed the cam through the gear with it meshed with the chain. Well DUH! Here’s what it’s supposed to look like. BTW I did mark with a paint stick a reference gear/link match mark that did speed the gear attachment step.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gear Rim Automotive wheel system

1 - 3 of 3 Posts