Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! First time poster, long time listener. I just procured a 1973 CB450 in great condition. The turn signal switch went out a minute ago. There's no resistance in the switch so I'm almost 100% sure the switch is busted. Looks original. BUT, when I shifted into the neutral, the light didn't come on. Are these two things tied together or is this a completely random occurance?

Also, any recommendations for the best/most affordable place to buy parts online? Seems like the prices for the turn signal switch assemblies are all over the place.

Thanks so much for any help!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
No connection between the neutral light or switch and the turn signals or switch. The OEM handlebar switches are usually pretty durable despite fading and looking pretty rough cosmetically over the years, but if you used a meter and got no continuity when checking the in and out paths of the turn signals through it (orange and light blue are the left and right signal wire colors, and they need the dark green ground wire to complete inside the headlight case) then the switch could be bad. Replacements can be cheap, as in average to poor reproduction switches, or they can be pretty expensive for either NOS OEM switches or good repros. I paid around $90 for my right side switch but I wanted it to look new. There are many good and reliable places to look for parts for your 450 - David Silver Spares, 4into1.com, Bike Bandit, and to look up part number (or for a last resort to get an OEM part) there's cmsnl.com but their shipping is high as they are in The Netherlands

1 - 2 of 2 Posts