Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to look up the PAMCO install instructions today (I had a paper copy and can't find it so I was going to DL a PDF), and it appears that the website is gone. http://www.cb450ignition.com/Index350.htm just returns a internal error code and then when you refresh the page, the godaddy stuff comes up saying that it "parked" (whatever that means). On his yamahaxs650 one, there is no option to buy anymore. Just curious if anyone knew something. It would be a shame since it has been great on my bike. I know there is a lot more competition out there now so maybe that drove it?

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Who knows? He's certainly been difficult to get hold of for those who've had troubles over the last couple years, so maybe he's done... if so, hopefully it's not because of his health. However, he'd be leaving quite a few people hanging...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Check the threads here.. I think someone may have posted them.. if not... I MAY have printed a set, I’ll look when I get home .

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I see Mike's XS seems to be no longer selling the Pamco ignition, just a cheaper looking asian copy. Maybe he got tired of the whole thing and quit.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
I guess that's it then... anyone with a dead unit that should/could be warrantied, put it on a plaque in the garage as a conversation piece. And for those who are running one right now... prayers for your unit's longevity. My points are... nevermind

·
Super Moderator
5,549 Posts
I've always kept the points because I like to tinker with things, getting that fine hair tune just right just suits me for some really odd reason. Puts you more in touch with the machine, that and yeah you don't have to change out half the charging system just to protect sensitive electronics.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
... hate to see things like this happen.. Pete saw a problem, developed, designed and built a system .. yes, execution may not have been the greatest.. but, he succeeded in my book.
"necessity is the mother of invention.."
Would have been great to see some rich guy invest in this..,eliminate the "bugs".. make Pete a few dollars for his work. Kinda what every inventor wants..
Hope he is doing fine..
I know not every "invention" needs developement..,Look at the "opti-grab"..started out great, Nathen Johnson(developer) eneded up moving back home.. broke

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
.. anyone interested in doing a "instrucional thread" on Installation, and setting Honda Points for idiots??
I would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Care to place any bets!?!?
Dad.. you KNOW someone, somewhere will purchase a bike WITH a Pamco unit AND the origional R/R. It will leave them stranded and THE FIRST PLACE THEY WILL COME FOR ANSWERS ... is WHERE???

·
Registered
866 Posts
Almost 7K miles on my pamco so far.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Care to place any bets!?!?
Dad.. you KNOW someone, somewhere will purchase a bike WITH a Pamco unit AND the origional R/R. It will leave them stranded and THE FIRST PLACE THEY WILL COME FOR ANSWERS ... is WHERE???
And I'm quite sure you're right Rob... but I meant no more units available, or warranty exchanges for the ones still "covered". And Crash - hopefully yours will carry on for a while since you have a more stable charging system with a modern rec/reg

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
I guess we could, but if we did it for that we could be doing it for a lot of other stuff that comes up too... oil choices, Kohler vs Sparck Moto vs CMC vs whoever's rec/reg, etc., etc., etc. on all the controversial subjects that got through here... and oh by the way - well over half of those who join NEVER read it before posting anyway (in spite of at least one PM each to "encourage" them to do as the Romans do when in Rome)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts