Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have this pitbull compression tester

One of the adapters screws into the plug hole just fine, but when I connect it to the rest of the gauge it doesn't seem to fit right. It all goes together, but I noticed when I crank my motor, there sounds like air leaking from it. Also, the gauge doesn't seem to hold any pressure so I don't need to use the air pressure release on the gauge.

Should I hear a leak or is it busted?

Thx and sorry for the noob question. I've actually done this on a car, but I never needed an adapter for it.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
You've got an air leak on it somewhere. It should hold pressure, indicated on the gauge, and then be released when you desire by the valve..

Could be as simple as a nicked o-ring??

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea that's what I thought. Mayne I messed up putting all the adapter parts together. I'll try again or borrow someones.

Thx.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Inspect any o-rings very closely and if all else fails you may get by with using some Teflon tape on the threads?? I can't see your particular set so this is all an educated guess on my part..

Any slight nick in an o-ring will be enough to make it leak sometimes..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's hard to see, but that first sentence in my initial post has a link to the compression tester I have.

Thx again, I'll check it and post back.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea the couplers were busted. They basically do not fit together properly. I wish I could return this defective pos, but I bought it awhile ago. I picked up a rubber wire grommet and I think I got it to create an air tight seal when I connect the couplers together.

I knew this damn thing was too cheap to be any good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts