1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
686 Posts
I guess they shipped the bikes from Japan to the port of Seattle and sold the 450 right at the pier...

No 1 „in excellent condition“? I don’t know... Especially when looking at No 2 and comparing the prices.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The frame paint is so nice on that bike it looks like it's been restored. It's one of those "try and find a better one" bikes. Someone who wants that year and color will probably pay.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
The second one isn't priced too optimistically. The rest are, though.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are actually two Black bombers on the ad for $7500, four whole engines (some 5sp) another bottom end and a bunch of parts. Of course the '71 CB is the nicest of the bunch but the CL is nice too. None of these are too far out of line. The rest are the I don't want to sell it price. But like what 76Twin says what the market will bear. I think any running complete not cut DOHC is worth $2500.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Being in Southern oregon and looking daily at anything within 600 miles its amazing what the perceived values are. I'm hoping the Fad (If i may call it that) takes another direction lol. The days of 200 to 300 dollar finds are getting harder and harder to come across. Or the you can have that old bike over there if you want it.

Reminded me of this Craigslist ad I saw yesterday. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcd/d/greenbrae-1969-honda-cb750-sandcast/6840808943.html
$30,000 I thought April fools possibly but seems as though its aq fairly legit price.

Thanks for sharing!

Tim

·
Registered
99 Posts
In the UK you'll be lucky to get a decent 450 for less than £3500. That's (give or take the exchange rate) $4000+. You guys are spoilt for choice!

·
Registered
725 Posts
In the UK you'll be lucky to get a decent 450 for less than £3500. That's (give or take the exchange rate) $4000+. You guys are spoilt for choice!
3500 BP is about $6000Cdn. If you send me the 3500BP, I'll buy the two 450's I posted and I'll ship you whichever one you want.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am way too cheap to pay 4K for a 450.
Or a 750. (Well maybe not a '68 sandcast motor in excellent condition!)

But that first one is nuts - right off the bat I'd take off the cost of all the replacement parts need to fix it, so we are down to $1500, tops.
Yeah, not a cafe fan. ;)

Many of those do look great though, and if I was in the market (and area) I'd probably take a look.

The 71 and the 70 are the ones "most likely" to me.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The only reason you're upset about the prices is because you want the bikes. So it looks like the demand is there ;)

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
The first bike looks "OK", could have returned it back with just a seat and handlebar swap. He HAD to cut that frame!! Unless that drive train had been completely gone through..$6,500 is a lot in my book. Please tell me it atleast has some kind of "newer" ignition type system...

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
...$6,500 is a lot in my book. Please tell me it atleast has some kind of "newer" ignition type system...
it's a lot in my book too - even IF it had an EI. the only bike in that group worth what they're asking (or reasonably close) IMO is the second one, the candy gold CB450K4, it's a gorgeous bike and hopefully it really looks that good in person as jakec says. if they only mean one Bomber for that price, in that condition, then no... if you get two bikes for that then it's a lot closer to reality - but I'm guessing not many of us have 3/4 of $10k to spend in a lump either

1 - 20 of 29 Posts