Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Yes no problems! but don't over tighten the cam chain that will kill the roller quickly. Do the chain tightening by the book. Allan

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I agree that it will last the summer but if you look closely the cam chain seems to have been chewing a bit on the sprocket so it maybe a good idea to have an eye open for a better one.

Mine looked like this (on the left) before my restoration and the bike was still running. :D
[attachment=0:3tqjvsgb]SSA50477-1024.jpg[/attachment:3tqjvsgb]

Attachments

·
Registered
659 Posts
Does anyone know what the these wheels are made from ? What type of material ?

Also, when new do they look like a sproket ? That is, do they have the tooth look when new or does that just come about due to wear ?

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
RicH2 said:
Does anyone know what the these wheels are made from ? What type of material ?

Also, when new do they look like a sproket ? That is, do they have the tooth look when new or does that just come about due to wear ?
The one above on the right is how they look from new ;)

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
They are made from a hard rubber like substance and they do have teeth when new but the points of the teeth are rounded the same as in the photos. If the cam chain is adjusted right and kept that way they will last many thousands of miles. I had one on my K3 that was replaced at about 55,000 miles, still working but a little tired. Allan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts