Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a cb 500 it has 23k it dosent fire up. The guy selling says he rode it for a short whyle and even took it on the 405 freeway. He says he took a short ride one day to the store turned it off and then it wouldnt start.He says its probably an electrical problem. His main reason for selling he says is that hes not good at wrenching and working on things and hes in over his head he just wants a newer bike to just ride not having to worry about wrenching.
So i spoke with him on the phone and i some how belive this kid, he came up on a dimond butt just has no clue on polishing her minor issiues . now for something that dosent run i never offer more than 350 to 500 bucks and 1000 is kind of alot of money butt at the same time where i live 1000 bucks for a cb 500 is a steal. now i havent seen the bike in person yet butt im going to scope it out crossing my fingers that compression is good on all four sylinders, no rust streight, body nice tires etc.
with all this said and it does seam to be some minor issue like an electrical one is this a good price im thinking it is butt i would love to hear what u think :?:

·
Registered
97 Posts
if it were me i wouldn't do 1000 for something that doesn't run like you said. and there's no telling what kind of condition the engine is in where he changed the oil on time and kept it maintained. but in the end its all up to you..

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think your right chubbs. I have the money butt there's no telling what kind of can of worms the bike would turn in to . I mean its almost fourty years old I had offerd him 450 and he came back at 800 was his lowest. I think I might just waight all though I like the 500 butt o well.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
ariel.714 o/c said:
crossing my fingers that compression is good on all four sylinders, ?:
If it's got four cylinders, you're in the wrong place. Try the SOHC 4 forum.

If it's got two cylinders, I think it's way over priced but others, more knowledgeable than myself, will be along to advise you.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i know where im at!!! i own a 360 im just debating on adding a new bike to my collection im not asking how to fix it im asking if its worth it ...(mild expletive deleted)....sounds like you have some hard feelings against your little twins big brothers is it cause u cant catch up :lol:

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Now, now........NO Flamage........( I Edited it out)..........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts