Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cb500t project im starting. My big idea is to put some inverted forks on the front. Ive kinda read on other sites that suzuki gsxr forks match up fairly close, but more info is limited. Does anyone know where i might get more info.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Steve has documented all this stuff extensively at http://www.hondatwins.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7

Basically, if the tubes fit your clamps you can do anything you want as long as you transplant the entire wheel/brake/fender as a unit.
Problems arise when trying to fit wheel A to fork B, etc.

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
Almost ANY set of trees can be fitted (forks and all) if you swap out the stem .....
Usually, turnstops and tank location (new forks are inset and hit the tank)are the issues that present when using a stock stem.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just realized i posted in the 125 to 200cc section instead of 500 DOHC...maybe a moderator can move it please?

anyway...im going to look at a gsxr front end this week...take my frame along to see how it works in the neck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
66Sprint said:
Almost ANY set of trees can be fitted (forks and all) if you swap out the stem .....
Usually, turnstops and tank location (new forks are inset and hit the tank)are the issues that present when using a stock stem.....

When you say stem do you mean the stem that is attached b/w the top and lower trees, or the actual part of the frame that recieves it?

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
Stem and bracket are the lower "triple tree".... Stem is the bolt between the top bridge and the lower bracket... Steering NECK is part of the frame......and receives the stem....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts