Honda Twins banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm new here and am from Calgary, Alberta, Canada and wanted to say Hi. I'm new to my '75 500t but not new to bikes and have some knowledge. A few months back I picked up a running (but not well) 500t for a cafe project. I have never built anything before so this is all new to me. I have done most of the work myself over the last 7 months and will be ready to fire her up in the next few weeks. I don't know alot about the bike so any advice on things to watch for would be greatly appreciated as would advice on things to change or work on since I'll have time as the snow starts to fly. Anyways, here are a few pics of what it looked like and where I'm at now, let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Geoff

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I see you have the Avon Roadriders on the red bike. How do you like them?

Very nice bike BTW.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Looks good. I have cb500T Cafe as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The seat was actually from ebay, it was a universal cafe seat so it took a little modification to mount.
I haven't been able to try out the Avon's yet since I'm just putting her back together but hopefully this weekend I'll have it running and get a test ride in. I'll let you know once I've ridden her ;)

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have put a couple hundred miles on the avon's on my 450 and I like them. no rain riding on them yet, but they seem pretty sticky to me, better than the continental road attacks on my other bike, those will go to the avons once they are worn out. just go easy on any new tires till they are scrubbed in and you know how they handle.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Welcome Geoff
You got to say that the 500T looks much better that when she was stock; I dont normally say that but what you have done is very tastefull and retains a lot of character of the original bike :D

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Very nice. I am building a cafe bike out of a CB450 but using a CB500T tank with a similar seat. Mine will look much like yours but I am thinking about doing the frame in red. I have a two into one exhaust from Omars that I am going to use.
I like the black rims on yours.
Vey nice job.
Don

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's a great looking bike, Geoff! I love how you put it together. In fact, there's a stock 74 CB500T up for sale locally and I'm going to check it out tomorrow. I'm already on ebay checking out cafe seats! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sweet bike!

I too am interested in your exhaust pipes. Where did they come from?

What size tire is on the back? Also are those the original rims, just painted?

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts