Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for posting. That makes a good testimonial ad for their shop.

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
it didn't actually show them doing anything other than dissassembly, and the only thing they even said thay were going to do is clean and paint the engine cases and measure clearances.
did they just buy lots of NOS parts and reassemble or did they rechrome the originals...how about the seat? did they fix the headlight shell or replace it? For all we can tell from the video they may be wonderful craftsmen capable of reconditioning parts back to original or they may just buy lots of NOS parts and know how to reassemble.

not to be too critical but if that's intended as a testimonial for their shop, it falls short by raising more questions then it answers.

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
you're probably right about that!

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Yes very interesting point, that did look pretty crap when the rest of the bike did look good, it cant have been just an oversight when he was meticulus on the cleanliness for the engine

·
Registered
431 Posts
johnnyc14 said:
Looks like a very nice job, I wonder why he didn't replace that rusty old front brake cable.
I was going to say maybe it was because it was the unobtanium early ones with the brake light switch in the cable, but when I looked I noticed that's actually the speedo cable. In which case I have no idea, those can be had.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts