Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
Is it just me?....I see the throttle cable, but can't determine what actuates it.... Grips look like bare bars wrapped with friction tape.....??????

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm gonna say the the entire right side handlebar turns, not just the grip.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
It doesn't appear to have an internal throttle either.. No front brake. YIKES! :shock: :?

Looks like it was built to look good for shows, not for riding.. ;)

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I like it. It's a good looking machine.

The bars are a little stranger than I would prefer, as a normal par of clip ons would look a little better, or maybe just make those wider?

Either way, good work.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
The tank under the frame tube is definately interesting, I dont think I like it...kinda looks like it had its head chopped off (not engine head).

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I like the look of it but it sure wouldn't have much of a range per tank of fuel... Not that it would be comfortable enough to ride that far anyway.. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,863 Posts
I just don't get the whole chopper thing...why build a bike you can't ride?

Did you notice the rear brake... it looks like it has a hydraulic rear drum brake

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bird76Mojo said:
I like the look of it but it sure wouldn't have much of a range per tank of fuel... Not that it would be comfortable enough to ride that far anyway.. :lol:

I don't really think these type of bikes are made for riding.......

·
Registered
140 Posts
Why do people spend tens of thousands resoring an old car or hundreds of thousands to buy a particular car only to drive it once or twice a year? Likely a similar reason.

And some builders like to build a piece of art that doesn't look like a rideable piece.

I think it looks damn nice and probably rides will for the use (or non-use) that it was intended for. I'd ride it to work a few times a year...or to First Thursday.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I know a lot of guys with similar bikes, no front brakes etc, and the ride the crap out of them.

Jockey shift, no front brakes, no blinkers, solo seat without fenders...

to each their own.
leethal said:
The tank under the frame tube is definately interesting, I dont think I like it...kinda looks like it had its head chopped off (not engine head).
I think that the tank under the frame looks better at least than the frisco'd tanks on the top of the back bone with a HUGE gap between the engine and the tank.

This particular bike reminds me a lot of Cole Fosters styles...

which is must confess, i love his style....

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
If I know one thing about riding a motorcycle, it's that sooner or later you're gonna NEED that front brake to stop quickly. Not having one and riding at any speed is just a very bad idea. A car pulls out in front of you and you're done. The end. Most of your stopping power comes from the front. Especially when the rear just likes to lock up and slide upon hard braking...

Not that I wouldn't just cruise slowly around my hometown on either of those bikes.. ;)

GB :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I like, it is damn good looking, choppers are a different ride. More of a 'low and slow' like the old lead sleds, sure you wanna be able to haul some a$$ and look good getting there, but the bike really only needs to feel/ look good to the owner/riders.

These spendy bikes can be pieces of art on wheels, and not all the guys that own 30k rides are scared to ride them after all that is the point of owning them. Right?

Personally I'm not into 'Trailer queens' but they come in all shapes and sizes and all makes and models. Again not my gig, but I love looking at the stuff they come up with!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think it looks great, not fun to ride but fun to look at. I dig the overall style.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I totally agree.Choppers look neat,are fun if you are not going far or have to deal with any sort of real road situation(pothole,more than 1 car,turning :lol: )Now this is what I see as the ultimate sacriledge,The motor was built by a fellow in my vintage group for a gross amount of cash.Why would you take something that can do 150 and make it slower and more unstable ?? :roll: .http://www.redneckengineering.com/M060811-*******-004f.jpg And here is the Un-chopper Go fast model by the same Vincent engine builder (who is in the red,and smiling after doing 150+)
Bird76Mojo said:

·
Registered
75 Posts
If we can all agree that art is designed to make anyone who views it think about what they've seen, then these bikes are art.

To argue about whether or not they make good motorcycles or not misses the point, in my opinion. They seem to be more about a builder saying to him- or herself, "How far can I push this envelope?" To that end, I respect their work, but I know I would never try to ride one, especially like the raked/stretched Vincent above.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I'd ride the holy shite out of that Vincent chop! Although the headlight hitting the back of the front tire couldn't help anything.. :roll:

Still a beautiful piece of machinery...

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm still looking for the downtube :shock:

In any event, it's a sweet ride. But when it comes to choppers or in particular, Harley-based choppers, I'm a Jesse Rooke kind of guy:

But who could forget about the artistic talent of the late, great, Indian Larry:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts