Honda Twins banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
6 mm studs are likely available at any decently stocked hardware store, just pick out the length you want.
Are you positive that the carb mounting studs for the CB175 6mm? My hardware store didn't have any and I might just buy some online. Most of the nuts on my bike are 10 mm so I'm just wondering if my mounting studs should be 10mm as well?

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Are you positive that the carb mounting studs for the CB175 6mm? My hardware store didn't have any and I might just buy some online. Most of the nuts on my bike are 10 mm so I'm just wondering if my mounting studs should be 10mm as well?
oh also, is there any issue with just using a normal bolt, instead of a mounting stud, to mount my carb to my engine? It kinda seems like to me that a mounting stud is basically a bolt with a removable head.

· Premium Member
542 Posts
6mm is the size of the stud threads. 10mm is usually the socket or wrench size to use.
I wouldn’t use a bolt in place of a stud. Threading a bolt in & out can weaken the threads in the cylinder head.

PM/conversation sent

· Premium Member
542 Posts
The threaded studs you’re looking for are 6mm x 1.0 x 36mm.
Glad to help out. PM me if you can’t get some. Thanks

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The threaded studs you’re looking for are 6mm x 1.0 x 36mm.
Glad to help out. PM me if you can’t get some. Thanks
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to post a message on your profile but I can't seem to figure it out. I would like to ask for 4 of the mounting studs if you have enough to spare. If not, 1 is all I really need. Do you have an email address I can send my address to so that my address can remain as private as possible?

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to post a message on your profile but I can't seem to figure it out. I would like to ask for 4 of the mounting studs if you have enough to spare. If not, 1 is all I really need. Do you have an email address I can send my address to so that my address can remain as private as possible?
Nevermind for now, I was able to find some online. It took me a while, but I'm sure the parts will fit. I'll let you know if I have anymore trouble. Thanks for the help :)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts