Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
3,672 Posts
The CB175 doesn't use a rubber insulator between the carb and the head. It uses an o ring on either end of the aluminum "adaptor" (intake manifold), mounted between the carb and the head.

· Premium Member
542 Posts
The aluminum “manifolds” have an o-ring on each end. There is insulator that goes between the manifold an the cylinder head. The insulator are getting hard to find. Fragile, and can break when trying to remove them.

· Premium Member
542 Posts
Sorry for the duplicate photos? (Cant seem to edit post?)

There’s some insulators on ebay. Don’t know this seller, just copied the link for an example. Good luck.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The aluminum “manifolds” have an o-ring on each end. There is insulator that goes between the manifold an the cylinder head. The insulator are getting hard to find. Fragile, and can break when trying to remove them.

Thanks for all the awesome info and photos, this helps a lot. So it seems like the part I'm asking for is called an "insulator"? and that would be #9 in the last photo? and the intake manifold are actually part #11? It's good to at least know that the insulators are hard to find. Anyways I think the real problem with my bike isn't really the insulators, but the screws that allow me to attach the carbs to the cylinder heads. One of them is stripped and I can't get a tight enough fit. The part I really need is part #12 in the last photo. Any idea what part that is?

· Premium Member
542 Posts
#12 is P/N 90044-259-000. Not available through the OEM sites. I’ve got a few; PM if you’re interested.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
#12 is P/N 90044-259-000. Not available through the OEM sites. I’ve got a few; PM if you’re interested.
I'm new to this website so I can't figure out how to PM, but I'd definitely would like to buy some of that part off of you. Unless that is something I can find at a general hardware store?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts