Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to give back a little for all the good advise I've received here; a small contribution....

A buddy of mine, great motorcycle mechanic/machinist, uses this on his engines after bead blasting. It looks great and thus far, for him and all his ancient Ariel’s, Guzzi's, and BMW's it's worked great. Looks great on wheel hubs too.

Go here: http://www.nyalic.com/

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
It sounds promising. Do you know how it is applied and what the cost is?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Not to detract from the product you mentioned, but Duplicolor "Cast-Finish" aluminum paint (baked on) gives a smooth feeling sealed surface that has the visual appearance of freshly sandblasted metal (it even appears to have "flecks" of reflection from the irregularities of a blasted aluminum surface) and it can be applied to smooth metal (fork sliders or engine covers) to simulate blasting.....(Also comes in a "dull" grey color)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
How is it applied? Do you know the costs??

GB :mrgreen:
I'll ask my buddy when I see him this weekend.
Also, although my buddy has not seen any yellowing, I'd like to run a simple test.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I'm now watching that item and if anyone here decides to be the guinea pig then I'll jump on it later on down the road..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just an FYI. this is applied either by spray or can be rolled or brushed on. no thinning is needed as it alreay has the consistency of water. I have some on order and will update the post with results.

·
Registered
209 Posts
rustinaway, Do you have an update on this product re garding it's quality/ durability?? I tried to look it up on ebay today and it seems to be no longer available . I did contact the company via e-mail hoping for a response for availablity

1 - 9 of 9 Posts