Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off the carb at the beginning of winter, cleaned and reinstalled it and just put it away until Spring. I found out now that I put the throttle cap on the carb on wrong.

I unscrewed it and tried to get the throttle guts back down in there correctly but I am doing something wrong because I can't get the throttle to turn. Seems like it's not seating correctly in the tube.

Before I take the carb back off and try putting the cap on right, I am wondering if I can do it with the carb on the bike -- maybe if I knew how to orient the needle and guts to slide down in properly. I don't have a picture in my mind of how everything settles in.

I used to do this on my ATV but can't remember what slides down where. I'd appreciate some advice if somebody knows about this problem, and especially if it is possible to reinstall the cap while on the bike. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
The carb parts breakdown is here:

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cm185t-twinstar-1978-usa_model1043/partslist/E++17.html#results

the slot in the slide (A) goes over the pin in the carb body (B) and as another point of reference, the half-circle cutaway in the slide goes toward the air cleaner (back of the carb). Haven't worked on one like yours in a very long time, but usually there's enough room to take the carb top off in the frame. Be careful to allow the needle to go into the needle jet before pushing the slide down in the carb, it should center up and drop in if done gently

carbslide.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The carb parts breakdown is here:

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cm185t-twinstar-1978-usa_model1043/partslist/E++17.html#results

the slot in the slide (A) goes over the pin in the carb body (B) and as another point of reference, the half-circle cutaway in the slide goes toward the air cleaner (back of the carb). Haven't worked on one like yours in a very long time, but usually there's enough room to take the carb top off in the frame. Be careful to allow the needle to go into the needle jet before pushing the slide down in the carb, it should center up and drop in if done gently

View attachment 246354
Awesome -- that is exactly what I need. Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts