Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always had an aversion to cables. Brake and derailluer cables on bicycles. Ugh! I don't nknow what is wrong with me. I just don't get them. Anyway, my question is...How the hell do I get these cables back on? I had put the throttle housing together and then tried to attach them to the carb. There wasn't enough slack to get the push cable back on (around the bell?). I tried to get the pull on first...that didn't work..It's alway a matter of slack? I never have enough to do the other cable once the first puck is in its hole.

Today I tried to do the opposite. hook them up at the carb first and then try to hook them up on the throttle tube. same story. never enough slack to get the other puck in once one cable is in. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've searched the posts but I have yet to find any with the same problem. And that is rare around here! I've learned so much from you all over the past 9 months. Thanks in advance! -Sigs

ps my guess is there's a way to use the adjusters at the throttle housing to give yourself some slack?

·
Sensei
27,168 Posts
That and the adjusters at the bellcrank....

Phone...540-525-5199....Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts