Honda Twins banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Larger valve is always the intake. Easy to look and see which valve lines up with the intake and exhaust ports.

BTW, your pistons orientation looks good to me. Carbs are on the backside + large piston cutout is to the back+ arrow pointing forward. Exhaust comes out the front + small piston cutout to the front.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
YES - Honda OEM O-Rings fit right in 1st time every time
After market on top, OEM in plastic you can see how much wider the after market it. I expect these OEM will fit much easier.

oring2.jpg

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I just put in the OEM and soooo easy. Just used the flat edge of a popsicle stick to flatten down and it went in great. Get OEM, well worth it.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Is there a gap to stagger on the ridged brass looking one between the two silvers at the bottom?
pistons6.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi all, I am currently diagnosing some ignition issues with possible air leak. Cant get above 5rpm. I am investigating all avenues, carbs, etc. I am not nervous that I installed the pistons possibly the wrong way around. I cant check compression until I get to the shop on Thursday but would this cause a power issue and could this cause damage to valves etc? Are you able to check these by looking down the spark plug hole and just to confirm. The larger dimple faces the carb (intake) and the smaller faces the exhaust (front of bike)

Thanks All

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
That's correct, the smaller valve relief faces forward.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts