Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested in upgrading their stock road-runner horn, I went w/a Denali SoundBomb and it now sounds like a locomotive. It's a rupturing 120 decibels, enough to (hopefully) wake up the most text-dazed door-slammer. I got the "split" unit to make install better (on my 1981 CM400). The acoustic unit fit perfectly in the same spot as the factory horn, and I used the factory bracket. It looks like it was born there. I put the compressor on the left side of the bike, on the frame-rail that is just behind the engine cover. They give you 3 feet of high-temp airhose w/the split unit to supply the air from compressor to the horn. I took the gas tank off and hid everything neatly under there. The color and design of the units melts right in, you hardly see it. But you HEAR it. I did get the recommended harness that is sold separately, makes the job much easier and protects your stock electricals. This draws like 20 amps. The blast is shocking!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Back in the day, I installed a pair of FIAMM air horns on my CB175. Similar setup to yours, with a compressor, attached via a relay to protect the electrics.

Lights used to dim when used at night. Most often used to embarrass my mate, in his car in a layby outside his girl friends house. Guaranteed to wake her parents. :lol:

fiamm.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts