Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I put off measuring my valve spring assuming they were ok. Well, the inner springs are not. The exhaust springs are just at the 1.55 limit, and the intake springs are both about 1.53. I am really wanting to get this thing put together. So, my question is, what is everyones thoughts about just installing them. I tried ordering some, but they were discontinued. There is one on ebay right now, but if I am going to replace them, I would like to do all the inners. There might be some at a dealer in AZ, but before I call them, I wanted to see others thoughts. I am not interested in spending a lot of money on titanium or light weight spring kit. Once i get this thing going, it will not be ridden a lot. Just a fun scoot around town and local bike shows.

Thanks for all the help so far! I have been on this forum about as much as the actual manual :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much! Got them on order. It was even cheaper then the first place I ordered from. Just bummed I wont be able to put the head on for a few more days.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Thanks so much! Got them on order. It was even cheaper then the first place I ordered from. Just bummed I wont be able to put the head on for a few more days.
Use the down time to go over everything you've done and recheck as well as check future work to be done. Things like cleaning up that connector you saw and thought maybe I should clean that or I'll get back to that after I'm done with the current thing. Guaranteed there's all sorts of little time consuming things to do on a vintage bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts