Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the below mentioned CM185 Twinstar. It's on a 6V system of course, and ... well the headlight is useless.

I have found a decent number of 12V upgrades, a few I could probably make fit - but of course they wouldn't work. I keep hitting a brick wall in the 6Volt territory.

Long story short: help me please. I've been emailing LED sellers and looking for a replacement. So far no good. Does anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, this is what I found: 6V 56 SMD H4 LED Lamp. I wired it up with a standard H4 pigtail, and interestingly enough blue to blue, white to white, black to...green and we're almost good. Kind of.

The problem is that right now with either High or Low wire connected, it lights up wonderfully in the proper switch position. BUT if I plug them both in, neither high nor low beams work.
:confused:

I thought I remembered somewhere reading that there can be a power back feed issue with LED turn signals, but dang it if I can find anything about it.

Does anyone know what I've done wrong here?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Steve,
I've got it charging. We'll see how the next stage goes.

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
Bulb works correctly with wiring as described (Black =Ground, Blue =High, White=Low) when connected directly to/at battery......So problem is in his switch or wiring harness.....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Correct. After charging up my battery, I still barely get a flicker on low beam unless I'm running and revving; then it's fine. High beam is still quite nice and solid.
I highly suspect it is the wiring now, as the switch appears to be fine.

However, now I'm on hold for at least a week. I've got a week or more away from home.

I'm also on the lookout for a nice H4 compatible housing that will fit in the stock bucket. If anyone has a suggestion feel free to post it here.

I'll report back eventually.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts