Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 72 CL350 lifter assembly is somehow trashed. I found all these parts except for item number 10 (Ball Retainer). Anyone know where I can get this? I have checked everywhere. Several of them on Ebay that look similar but for CB200's, CB 750's and various ATCs. Anyone know if other models use the same retainer?

Motor vehicle Font Auto part Automotive wheel system Technology

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ball bearing cages (AKA ball bearing retainers or ball separators) are components in ball bearings that separate the balls, maintain the symmetrical radial spacing and, in most cases, hold the bearings together.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The ball retainer holds the balls in place. when you pull the clutch handle the part number ten rides up on the balls and pushes the clutch rod to open the clutch discs. so yes you need it. No more than they cost I would buy one with the same first 5 part numbers and see if I could modify it if it didnt work.

Bill H

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The ball retainer holds the balls in place. when you pull the clutch handle the part number ten rides up on the balls and pushes the clutch rod to open the clutch discs. so yes you need it. No more than they cost I would buy one with the same first 5 part numbers and see if I could modify it if it didnt work.

Bill H
Well Bill the 2 engines I have that are running around with only the balls and no retainer disagree with you,

I gave the OP my advice based on my experience .... he can take it or leave it of course but for the price of 3 balls and nothing to lose why not give it a try at least?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Thanks Boomer I am allways open to new info and ways of doing things. I have found retainers for all the motors I have worked so never had to try anything else.

Bill H

1 - 8 of 8 Posts