Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in need of a working tachometer for a 350 series..... Mine wont drop below 2k unless you tap it repededly and has this "jumping problem" it bounces between 4k and 9k! kinda useless!

If anyone has an extra, let me know please.....

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
cpc said:
Im in need of a working tachometer for a 350 series..... Mine wont drop below 2k unless you tap it repededly and has this "jumping problem" it bounces between 4k and 9k! kinda useless!

If anyone has an extra, let me know please.....
Have you tried a new cable??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have tried now a total of 3 cables....none solved the problems....have cleaned and lubed all 3.....this started after a 150 mile ride with an altitude change of 6000 ft... from 4500 to about 10500....that dosent seem like it would matter, but....? Anywho, it has been working perfectly for about 2000 miles since I put it on

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
No, nothing you describe would have caused it. Sounds like you rode up Mt. Evans or something????

I do have a couple of tachs, but I have no idea what bikes they came off of.
Probably 450 or 360 tachs, not 350............

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
went up and over the grand mesa.....

I think all the tachs will fit and the cables work.....one of my cables is off a cx500??? so its a bit longer but works....

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Does your tach sit pretty much horizontal or is it tilted back towards the rider? Don

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
more or less horizonal....but as long as it fits in the bracket i dont care

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
I have a tach form a 72 CB350. When I spin it with my trusty Craftsman electric screwdriver it goes up to about 3K and smoothly back to zero. I guess I'd call it average condition.

I'd like to get $20 plus shipping

I think I just added some pictures.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.