Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's where my lack of taking pics comes into play. I need a pic of " How To" run my throttle cable thru the frame work. Granted I could just run it anyway I want but I'd prefer to install them correctley. I'm not looking for how to hook them up to the carbs, that's easy. I just need a pic of how the cable runs from the carbs to the throttle.

Thanks -P-

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't have any pics at the moment, but I do have to take my tank off tomorrow. Were you able to find any good ones?

I just reinstalled my carbs and messed up the throttle cables so they're being prevented from closing all the way - am pretty sure they just popped out of the housings where it splits from one cable to two... a bit pissed about having to take the tank off though, sucks having to remove that damn fuel line that goes under the frame.

I'm pretty sure the throttle cable just runs under the fuel tank and above the frame from the top right toward the bottom left/center where it splits into two. I'll try to take some good pics when under there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure why I thought it would go over the frame...

It's the black lump at the top center:

I accidentally pulled the front cable out of its housing:

The rubber on the ends of the housing also ripped so after popping it back in I put a thin wire tie to help keep it in place. Also happy to report that I was able to access it by just shifting the tank out of the three rubber holders and just lifted it up without removing that pesky fuel line that runs underneath.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts