Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased some carbs in rough shape from someone on this forum. After putting in a lot of work they actually cleaned up really nicely.

Here's some after and before:

In the final steps of getting them ready to install, I screwed up big time...

As many of you know main jets are a huge pain. These were stuck tight, and not giving way at all.

Long story short, the piece I was using as an extractor shattered inside. It is not only completely stuck, but any attempt to remove it further damages the soft aluminum around.

I'm super disappointed, I put a lot of work in and I can't afford another full set. Does anyone have a spare carb body lying around they would sell me?

It would be the left side of some Keihin VB 24's

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
41 Posts
I recently purchased some carbs in rough shape from someone on this forum. After putting in a lot of work they actually cleaned up really nicely.

Here's some after and before:
View attachment 304524

In the final steps of getting them ready to install, I screwed up big time...

As many of you know main jets are a huge pain. These were stuck tight, and not giving way at all.

Long story short, the piece I was using as an extractor shattered inside. It is not only completely stuck, but any attempt to remove it further damages the soft aluminum around. View attachment 304525

I'm super disappointed, I put a lot of work in and I can't afford another full set. Does anyone have a spare carb body lying around they would sell me?

It would be the left side of some Keihin VB 24's

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not sure where to type this(First try) Have 5ea of the older jobs , Body's dirty of course, am relatively sure they are 70's stuff tho. Will look at you're pic tomorrow with one for comparison, Probably L/D/R knows for sure the difference."T" To bad,cause $ is right!

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
On the left side of the body above the float bowl mating part line there's a cast VB and under that is stamped 21, 22 or 24 followed by letters. The important letter is the 1st, A B C D etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts