Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if it has been posted somewhere, but just want to share this, the idea came from my bestfriend, and since it is doable and theoritically correct (learnt this physic/pulley/reduce force when in school), so we believed that will work, in fact it works super nice. No hurt feeling when in traffic jam :)

I don't need to describe much, you can see from the picture, basically just find small pulley, bolt it in the arm (handmade if you don't want to destroy the original one), the end of the sling goes to one of the anchor (we drill the wall a bit, and slotted the cable in, and anchor it), done.

I think this can also be applicable to other bike.

Auto part Engine Carburetor Automotive wheel system Wheel

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting and creative idea, and I can absolutely see how it would work. Might change the distance of the arm travel though (but I'm not an engineer). Does the clutch disengage completely?
may be it is changed a bit, not sure, but for sure it does, work nicely. Other adjustment are normal things, the top lever nut adjuster, and the bottom locknut and (-) screwdriver. Was just wandering why this never been there in the first time. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.