Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered OEM ignition switch from bikeboneyard in Canada to me the first picture looks like it's supposed to be one of the ignition switches with the extra little prong sticking out of it that would plug into the wire I'm holding in my hand there next to the 6 pin ignition switch connection. Next my front turn signals light up do not Flash when turn signal is engaged took apart the back of the bike to get to the wires for the other turn signals in the rear they do not work at all I found this ground wire disconnected from the left turn signal I reconnected it supposed to be grounded where I am holding it in place still no rear turn signals will not light up took covers off filament in tact when I first got the bike all of this worked. Also behind the headlight is this orange wire disconnected from something looks to be originally going from the headlight. In the 5th picture that piece that I'm holding is also disconnected from something and is a black wire. With a true prong connection inside the sleeve there starting to think that the PO really screwed me on the wiring on this bike I think he thought he was some kind of electrical engineer all of this worked until I lost the key to the aftermarket Emgo ignition that was on this bike when I got it I now have what I believe to be an OEM ignition and things still aren't working right somebody please help me I really want to get my bike back on the road . brake light works headlight works high beam Works horn works

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the fourth and fifth pictures I forgot to add them before I hit send can't get a clear picture of the black wire on the 5th picture connection the sixth picture is of the inside of the black wires connection sleeve

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Head light wiring.
White= low beam Blue = Hi beam Green = ground Extra Blue pigtail wire is for the hi beam indicator
Turn signal wiring.
Lt. Blue = right turn Orange = left turn Lt Blue w/White tracer/sleeve = right front run light Orange w/White tracer/sleeve = left front run light
Green is always Ground
I'd start by removing the Red scotch lock and extra wire, repair the wire with tape for insulation.
Which model are we working on again?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A 1982 Nighthawk CB450SC. I wanted to keep it original but from all of the research I've done on this bike, it's becoming more and more clear that's not gonna happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts