Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum as stated in the title of this post. A few months ago I bought a running 1974 CB200 to fix up for my grown daughter. She's married and her husband had just purchased a Honda CBR. She wanted to learn to ride and I strongly recommended against trying to learn on the CBR :shock: Haven't had a motorcycle for about 30 years but went through 3 hondas, 2 Kaws, and a Yamaha as a youth-young man. Recently finished restoring a couple of old cars so figured, how hard can a motorcycle be? I also have a 1977 CB750F2 I'm working on. Anyway, I've ordered some parts for the CB200 but Bike Bandit can't match up my breaker points. Does anyone on this forum know of a source for these. Thanks for the help.
Halvin

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
There are two types of points for CB200.
First type is like regular, you use a screwdriver to adjust them by prying, sort of.
The second type uses a little eccentric screw to adjust the points, so has a special hole in the point base.
So it depends on which type your point plate is.

I don't know which part number is which, I'd like to figure it out myself, as I also have a CB200.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Welcome Halvin. As you can see, there's lots of help around here. Some fun on occasion. Lots of lively discussions.

Enjoy.

Oh yeah, we like pictures.(helps the guys who don't read so good. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll post pictures soon. The bike had the wrong tank on it when I got it, found the right tank on e-bay, Kreemed the inside, and have it, side covers, and head light bucket at my son-in-law's being painted. Anyone need a good blue tank for a 75 CB360? I'll put pictures of the tank on soon.
H

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a picture of my '74 CB200 with parts removed for painting. I have also included pictures of the gas tank that was on the bike when I bought it. I believe it's from a 75 CL360. If anyone is interested it only has light rust in it as you can see. Petcock is included. Not looking to make any money just want to cover costs.

My points are the type that are adjusted by using a screw driver to pry with the screws slightly loose. In the attached picture the points on the right are the ones I received and the ones on the left are from my bike.
Halvin

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Halvin.... The tank is from a 1976 CB 360 T...(based on both color and striping pattern)...
The 200 looks real nice....
The 216 center triplet says the points should fit 160's, 175's, and early 200's....That is the EXACT part number I show (30202-216-005, contact breaker, Hitachi...) for my 1968 CL 175, and they look like your "old" points....perhaps it was mis-packaged... Steve

PS....PM me with what you want to get for the tank....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The part number you responded with is 30205-216-005. On the package the number is 30202-216-005. Typo or is this the correct part number. If it's correct at least I have something new to work with in finding the right set of points. Thanks much.
Halvin

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
TYPO...30202 is correct
... I've edited to correct it in my original post as well.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts