Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Was a lurker here some 10 years ago when I picked up my first bike, a cb450 mashup with 73 tank and covers but sweet sweet k1 pipes, paid a cool $1000 for it. Can't remember which frame but it had a front drum so could have been all k1 minus the tins. I had that thing for a while , took my MSF with it and I was hooked. After a bit I ended up with an old single carb 67 triumph 650. Rode that for a couple of years, got hit by some 16yr old in daddies SUV and then moved across the country and ultimately OUT of the country. Well now I'm back and I can't get that 450 out of my mind, I swear it pulled off the line harder than that tr6r.

I'm in northern California for the next month or so but moving down to LA after and I need a daily rider so I'm looking for a runner, she can be rough around the edges though, I tend to like that. Would love to find something for around $2500 but I could probably stretch to $3000 if it felt right. I'm pretty open in term of configurations. I do miss those cb450 k1 pipes though and I've got a thing for the early CL tanks. I can handle some slight mods too but anything with a hoop welded on the ass end or some half baked"cafe racer" project isn't really my jam.

If anyone has some poor soul gathering dust in their garage and would rather see it live the good life then let me know, I do look forward to hearing from you and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
...but anything with a hoop welded on the ass end or some half baked"cafe racer" project isn't really my jam.
Completely agree with you on that. They're out there, it just takes some looking and some patience... but the longer it goes, the more good used parts disappear. So many have been chopped up and the parts discarded or sold, or the bike ends up in a junkyard somewhere after someone abandoned the "project". You even see members post links to 450s they see out there on occasion, so keep your eyes open. Good luck, and of course, post a project log with plenty of pics when you do find one

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Completely agree with you on that. They're out there, it just takes some looking and some patience... but the longer it goes, the more good used parts disappear. So many have been chopped up and the parts discarded or sold, or the bike ends up in a junkyard somewhere after someone abandoned the "project". You even see members post links to 450s they see out there on occasion, so keep your eyes open. Good luck, and of course, post a project log with plenty of pics when you do find one
I hear you on all accounts. Thanks for the advice and kind words.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts