Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I restored my CB360. Only to have it shoot craps with faulty valves from ebay. I'm close to having that repaired. then I came across a local deal I could not refuse.

Just got this 1968 CB450k1 for $150!

Once I finish the CB360 engine and get her going again this one will be my next project!

Wheels are locked. We had to rope it to a tractor to get it out of the woods.

I have a good feeling about this though. engine wasn't seized. Exhausts are in surprisingly good shape. Looks like last driven in 1986.

IMG_3442.jpg
IMG_3443.jpg

·
Registered
725 Posts
That looks like a good find. Engine spins, looks like it's all there and in reasonable shape. If the tank is decent you got your $150 worth

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah those crash bars took the brunt of pulling it out of the woods with the wheels locked. it was more like a drag out of the woods. That rear rack thing was pretty rusty and gone too lol. The top of the fuel tank seemed soft and squishy, but didn't have any holes. it did not disintegrate either. But I couldn't get the cap off. I'll play with it more this weekend and see what I've gotten myself into lol

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
You did good! Real good for a buck 50. Great to hear the engine turned over, hope the fuel tank is salvageable. You got yourself a nice rare bike!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts