Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spending the last couple of days gathering great information on your site has given me the gumption to pull "Betsy" out of the back of the wood shed and finally get her going. The back story, I bought her while I was in the USAF in the early 90's for a whopping $150.00
from the original owner. He told me he bought the bike in late 1970 in hopes of catching the eye of a girl whose name happens to be "Betsy". It worked, they got married and she forbid him from riding the bike again...Go figure! Anyway all the information I gathered from your site the past couple of days made me feel obligated to share my project with the group...

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
My lift at my bosses shop always had one of my bikes on it. That is why I quit and decided I liked my garage better.
I like Scramblers.
Welcome to Honda Twins.net

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I like your bike. I like the Ninja too. You know though that one of the 350's isnt near enough. You will need multiple 350's. You will also probably end up with a 450 or two. Then there are the 175, 200, 250, etc twins. This is not a hobby it is a disease and you are going to love it.
Good luck with the project, these guys on this list are great.
Don

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all for the welcome...I'm beginning to see how these little double barrels command your attention. On the subject of getting another, my buddy was over the other night an we were doing the ol' (Stare at the bike in the garage with a beer) that’s [email protected], for you text savvy folks :lol: we determined that after Betsy is road worthy, anther twin will be purchased. Just up the road a bit is an 8th mile drag strip, so I'm thinking a CB Stretched and lowered with a bigger twin motor. Then I got the "Oh Hell yeah moment" when my pal said "Let's put a f-in banshee motor in it, it's a twin"....Anyhow thanks for the kind welcome, I'm sure I'll have lots of questions along the way, I believe I've come to the right place....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts