Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought another bike. I trailered it somehow the seller and i lost the keys. While he is looking for spares, he is willing to pay for rekey. whats my best option for rekey? 82 honda 750sc nighthawk. nothing like staring at bike and cant start it. lol

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
This has the same type steering lock/ignition switch as the 450SC. There is a key number etched into the housing, you'll have to remove the ass'y and take it into a locksmith. The code is in the area of the square lock section IIRC and a light brushing followed by a Sharpie will bring it out.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Unlike the early models Honda started hiding the key codes so he will have to remove the ignition lock ass'y, doesn't have to disassemble the unit though.

Actually is you can get the number off the lock you may be able to order a pre-cut key from here: Honda Keys.com Your source for NOS Honda Keys

There's also ebay sellers who have pre-cut Honda keys, all you need is the number off the lock, no need to remove it from the bike.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I found the key code on the helmet holder on my CB400????

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
I have yet to see a CB450SC with the helmet lock intact, I'm almost thinking it was an option since they're all missing that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will see helmet lock first. how hard is to pop off ignition switch

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
It's 2 bolts and the connector, you will probably have to remove the headlight bucket for access to the bolts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I removed the headlight bucket. I got the ignition off. I had to use an extender on my ratchet to get in there. Getting it rekeyed today. Said $40-$60 with 2 keys.
Thanks all!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have mine too. my helmet does not fit well though.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Wow, 2 bikes with it. One of the D-rings on your helmet strap is all that's supposed to be inserted to lock.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My helmet has no d ring.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i know what it is my spare has them. current help does not . it has a plastic thing slips through kinda like a zip tie. vega stealth f110

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Not sure I'd trust plastic for the chin strap fastener, I've seen similar aftermarket versions sold. I'll stick with the old fashioned way.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my other helmet is old school but it is worn and does not fit very well. thinking of getting new one in the spring. the key works on helmet holder too. \o/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts